- Client’s Corner
- What is a Doula?
- Our Doulas
- Stacey Scarborough
- Ah-Ling Thayer
- Ann de la Torre
- Audrey Bogorad
- Beth Machado
- Brandalyn Prior
- Cara Furio
- Diana Kay
- Jema Sturvetant
- Kathleen Petryshyn
- Leilani WIlde
- Maria Stevenson
- Marily Demere
- Marjorie Strafford
- Michell Adelson
- Nancy Prior
- Nova Bella Conte
- Rindi Cullen-Martin
- Rosemary Mason
- Teresa Weinstein
- Tracy Fengler
- Viki Bettis
- Joanne Coomes
- Patti Partipilo
- Janet Gonzales
- Loretta Sandridge
- Jessica Becker
- Ali Feroah
- Megan Ameral
- Tamara Hobbs
- Amanda Sarver
- Barbara Beach
- Falen Cook
- Melissa Gonzalez
- Erika Kyte
- About Us
- Contact Us
If you are a doula who is interested in joining an organized doula group, we hope you will consider Beautiful Beginnings. Our group is open to all doulas that are trained as either Birth or Postpartum doulas. We also provide education, referrals and resources to community services. Together, we can provide support and care to all families during their childbearing years. All doulas must be trained under an approved certifying organization to be a member. If you are a certified doula, you must work within the scope of practice and code of ethics as set by that organization.
Benefits of Joining:
- Become a member of San Diego’s first organized doula group.
- Referrals within Beautiful Beginnings.
- Back-up and “co-doula-ing” support.
- Meetings organized through Beautiful Beginnings and other community organizations – Visit our Event Calendar for dates.
- Monthly “In-Service” Classes for our doulas – Visit our Event Calendar for dates.
- Professional speakers at quarterly meetings.
- Your name and information listed on our web page at www.BeautifulBeginnings.org
- Apprenticeship and mentoring information and services.
- Birth & Postpartum training and certification information & support.
Criteria for Membership as a Birth Doula:
- Certified childbirth educator or RN; OR
- Participation in one day Childbirth Education course (provided as part of the doula training) OR attendance at a series of childbirth classes (as defined by DONA.)
- Copy of your certificate from your approved Labor Support training course
- Membership application
Criteria for Membership as a Postpartum Doula:
- Copy of CPR requirement (Classes available through Red Cross)
- Copy of your certificate from an approved Postpartum Support training course
- Copy of Breastfeeding course requirements
- Membership application
- Doulas: $240 per year
*Evaluations from clients are required (Two per year – you may use this evaluation form).
- Others interested in the field; Supporters, advertisers: $50.00 per year
Click here for more info and the application to become a Beautiful Beginnings member!
Upcoming EventsEvents on August 5, 2015Events on August 12, 2015Events on August 19, 2015